Why Live On Campus
When students live on campus, they are able to immerse themselves in college life
and take advantage of the opportunities right outside thie door. Students will enjoy
the convenience of all-inclusive living, while having direct access to their classes,
the library, student organizations and events that make campus life rewarding. Students will join a community of fellow residents, faculty and staff members and
make friendships that last a lifetime.
- SDSU has found that students who live on campus have higher GPAs and are more likely to stay in school than students who live off-campus.
- Students who live on campus for two years have a continuation rate to junior year of 90%; those who live on campus for one year have a continuation rate of 70%. Students who live off campus have a continuation rate of 58%.
- Students living in the Residential Learning Communities are twice as likely to graduate in four years than their non learning community peers.
- Students living on campus averaged a 2.81 GPA while students living off campus averaged a 2.36 CPA. Students living in the Residential Learning Communities averaged a 2.89 GPA.
Top 10 Reasons to Live On Campus
It's All Included
Pay one bill for:
- Philo TV/Premium TV service
SDSU has more than 30 dining locations with over 20,000 menu options to choose from daily.
Best of all, you don't have to clean a messy kitchen.
Lots of Learning Communities
Live in a community tailored to your interests.
Aztec Nights offers provides safe, healthy on-campus parties, movies and attractive social events for all students.
These programs are offered from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights certain weeks throughout the year.
- Follow your interests. SDSU offers more than 300 clubs and organizations. If you can't find what you're looking for, start your own.
- Join our team. Become a Resident Adviser, Community Assistant, or Academic Mentor. We hire over 300 student employees each year.
The support network, which often develops in your living environment, enhances your college experience and contributes to your success.
Compared to students who live off campus, those who live on-campus:
- Have higher GPAs
- Take more units
- Are more likely to graduate
- Are less likely to be on academic probation
We're Here to Help
Each hall has the following people to help you:
- A full-time professional Residence Hall Coordinator (RHC)
- A team of paraprofessional Resident Advisors (RAs) or Community Assistants (CAs)
- A Faculty-in-Residence (FIR)
These in-hall staff members are a great resource, leading you to all the benefits of living at SDSU – from learning about campus clubs and organizations, to finding campus resources – they are eager to help.
When you live at college, you live the college life.