Mission Statement of Residential Education
In support of the overall mission of SDSU and the Division of Student Affairs, the Residential Education Office strives to provide safe and supportive on-campus living learning communities where diverse students are challenged to develop holistically; as scholars, citizens and leaders.
Residential Education staff members are dedicated to providing curricular and co-curricular experiences to develop and enhance residents' academic success, awareness and appreciation of diversity, and civic responsibility.
Residential Education's values are a set of core beliefs that guide our work with students, colleagues, faculty and other constituents. While contributing to the goals of the University and the Division of Student Affairs, staff members of the Residential Education Office strive to:
• Achieve excellence in all that we do.
• Address students as unique individuals with multidimensional needs and unlimited potential for personal development.
• Promote integrity, accountability, responsibility, respect and collaboration.
• Promote the connectedness between curricular and co-curricular learning.
• Embrace, celebrate, and educate issues related to diversity.
• Develop communities that embrace civic responsibility, life-long learning, and healthy lifestyles.
• Maintain balance and perspective, serving as sound role models for others.
• Innovate, evaluate, and refine programs to best meet the needs of the changing student population.