Granada/Piedra del Sol Move-out 2017
August move-out is fast approaching, please read the below procedures and contact your Community Assistant or the Office of Housing Administration with questions.
The Student Housing 11.5 month License Agreement states that you are to move out by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 4th,
Please donate any usable, unwanted goods that you are not taking with you. A Disabled American Veterans collection bin is located in front of the Piedra del Sol main gate on Hardy Ave. As you are cleaning out your room, if you have anything to donate, please put it in the bin. Every donation counts!
How to Check Out of Your Apartment
Click below for specific procedures:
Please remember that all parking regulations remain in effect during closing and move-out periods. This includes restrictions for fire lanes, 15 minute loading zones and handicapped spaces. Anyone using these areas as loading zones will be ticketed. Regulations apply to all vehicles, including faculty, staff, paraprofessional staff members, desk staff, residents, students, families and others.
Standard Check Out
- Sign up with your CA for a check out appointment time.
- Pack up all of your belongings and have them out of the apartment prior to your apointment.
Express Check Out
- Obtain an express check out envelope from your CA or the front desk.
- Place your keys in the envelope.
- Sign the statement of responsibility.
- Remove your belongings and drop the envelope at the front desk during regular hours (12 p.m. to 3 p.m.) or starting at 10 a.m. on August 4th.
Before you check out of your apartment
- Discuss cleaning and damage responsibility with your roommates and complete the Cleaning and Damage Responsibility Form.
- Clean your apartment.
- Make sure all furniture is accounted for. If your beds were bunked, make sure they have been returned to their original bunked position.
What Not to Do
You will not be checked out and will be charged for an improper checkout if:
- Your belongings are not out of the apartment;
- You have not completed cleaning the apartment.
Note that a hold-over fee will be assessed for every hour you are occupying your space after 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 4th so it is important to completely check out and move out before then.
Important Things to Remember
- If you have a carpet/rug in your room, you are responsible for removing it before you check out.
- Unwanted carpets/rugs should be placed in the dumpsters.
- Don't forget your bicycle.
- We will only forward first class mail.
- Update your address in your SDSU WebPortal.
- Cancel/forward newspaper and magazine subscriptions.