How to Apply: 2017-18 Returning, Continuing, Transfer and Graduate Students
Log into SDSU WebPortal and click on “Housing Application” on the left-side menu. Select the appropriate term. Then click apply. You will be redirected to the Housing Portal. If this is your first-time logging in you will use your e-mail address registered in the WebPortal and click “New User” under the password entry box. You will be prompted to set-up your password and then be asked to login. Click on the “License Agreement” tab to select the application.
Select Housing Application Period. Select the application period you wish to apply for and click “Apply Now”. Your application status will appear on screen. Please verify the information. If you have any concerns about the accuracy of your status as displayed contact the Office of Housing Administration at 619-594-5742 or email@example.com.
Use the Toolbar along the top of the page to navigate through each of the sequentially numbered sections of the application. Sections must be completed in order. You may quit at any time. Just save your information and logout. When you return to complete the application you will be automatically directed to the section where you left off. You may also click on any numbered section to revisit that portion of your application.
Below is a list of possible sections that may be displayed in your toolbar.
Welcome: This page will confirm the period you are applying for and give you additional instruction on how to complete the process.
Personal Details: Verify personal information such as name, birthdate, ID, address, and gender. If any information is incorrect you will need to log in to your WebPortal and make changes under the e-mail and address link.
Emergency Contact Information: Verify your emergency contact name and emergency contact phone number. If these fields appear blank you will need to return to your WebPortal and add an emergency contact name and emergency contact number. You will need to wait 24-hours in order to proceed in your Housing Portal. In addition, complete the remaining emergency contact fields and missing person contact information in the Housing Portal page.
Meningitis Information: This page provides important information about Meningococcal. You must indicate whether or not you have received a meningitis vaccine and if you have whether or not you plan to receive a booster and if you have not if you intend to receive the vaccine.
Medical Accommodation: Provides information regarding the process to make a request for a reasonable housing accommodation. We also ask that you indicate whether or not you will be seeking a reasonable housing accommodation so that we may follow-up with your request.
Room Type Preferences: Different room types available to you are listed in this section. You must rank them in order of your preference and select a minimum of two.
Personal and Roommate Preferences: Provide information about your personal preferences, including habits and lifestyle. This information is used to make roommates assignments.
Student Profile: Allows you to introduce yourself to potential roommates (this is optional) and to indicate whether or not you want others to see your profile.
Terms and Conditions: States the Terms & Conditions and the Policies & Regulations that govern all residential facility occupants. By completing and signing the Student Housing License Agreement, you agree to all of these provisions. Please read these provisions carefully before submitting a completed License Agreement.
Student Housing License Agreement Form: You will be asked to confirm that you understand the financial and legal obligations of residing in on-campus housing as well as the Terms & Conditions of the Student Housing License Agreement.
Guarantor Information: A guarantor is required for applicants under the age of 18 years old to guarantee payment. You will be prompted to enter first name, last name and email address. Your guarantor will be sent an e-mail and asked to agree to the Terms and Conditions of the License Agreement along with additional identification and contact details.
Initial Payment: You will need to provide the initial payment and non-refundable service fee of $375 to submit the License Agreement.
Receipt: Displays a printable receipt for the initial payment and non-refundable service fee.
License Agreement Submission: Click the Complete License Agreement button to confirm the submission of your completed License Agreement.
Community Preferences: Here you can indicate which communities you are interested in to be used by our assignments team in case you decide to not do room selection.
Additional Accommodation Preferences: If you decide to not participate in room selection, this page gives you the opportunity to share with our assignments team any assignment preferences you may have. For example, preference of a first floor apartment unit or a 4-bedroom unit. We also ask for your consent to provide your assigned roommates your first name and telephone number.
Meal Plan: If you would like a meal plan this is the page you use to indicate which one, or simply select "no meal plan".
Roommate Search: Use this page if you would like to search for a roommate(s). You have three ways to search for a roommate.
- Search for Know Roommates - if you already know the person you would like to be roommates with select this option and enter your roommate's RedId. Once you click search, and if your requested roommate has completed their License Agreement as selected the term period you will be able to send them a roommate request. Please note, they must accept the request to be confirmed as roommates for the room selection process.
- Roommate Suggestions - with this option the Housing Portal displays suggested roommates based on your responses to the questions you answered on the Personal and Roommate Preferences page. In addition, you will be able to see what other students wrote under their Student Profile section. If you find a potential roommate here, send them a roommate request. Please note, they must accept the request to be confirmed as roommates for the room selection process.
- Search by Profile Questions - Are you looking for someone else who prefers quiet for studying, or likes to wake up early? This is the search tool to use to look for potential roommates based on the criteria you set up in the search under profile questions and personal preferences. If you find a potential roommate here, send them a roommate request. Please note, they must accept the request to be confirmed as roommates for the room selection process.
Renewing current assignment: If you are a current resident of our on campus apartments or South Campus Plaza, you may be eligible to renew your current space! If you are eligible, an extra step will appear on the toolbar called “Current Assignment Renewal”. There you will be able to select your current bed space and reserve it for 2017-2018. Once you select the space, you will need to confirm it on the “Confirm Room Assignment” step.
This option will only be available on February 21st through your Housing Portal!
Pulling in Roommates: Once you have selected a bed space, if you selected a roommate and they accepted your request, you will be able to reserve their space for them. If a space is available, you will be able to select their bed within the same bedroom or apartment. Once you have pulled in your requested roommate, they will need to confirm their assignment through their Housing Portal.
This option will be able on February 22nd through your Housing Portal!
Renewing assignment within same building: If you are a current resident of our on campus apartments or South Campus Plaza, you are eligible to select a space within the same building before anyone else. If you decide that you would like to live in a different apartment in the same building, navigate to the “Renew Assignment within Same Building” step. You will be able to select a specific apartment number and bedroom within the apartment. Once you select the bedroom, you will need to select a bed space. Once you select the space, you will need to confirm it on the “Confirm Room Assignment” step.
This option will be available on February 24th through your Housing Portal!
Room Selection: Use this page to select among any of our eligible buildings. If you have submitted your License Agreement, you will receive an email on February 27th with a designate time slot for room selection. You are able to select a space beginning the date and time on your e-mail. You have two ways to search for a room.
- Room Search- if you already know what room type, hall, and number of beds in your apartment you want then you will be able to insert your preferences and select a room. Once you click search, rooms that match your preferences will appear. You will be able to select a specific bed and reserve it.
- Room Search Wizard- with this option the Housing portal displays all the available residence halls. Based on your License Agreement term, select your preferred building. Once you select a building, you will need to select a floor and specific room. You will then select a specific bed. Please note, you must confirm your room assignment in order to reserve it by clicking the “Accept Offer” button on the Confirm Room Assignment step.
This option will be available on February 28th through your Housing Portal beginning your designated time slot!