STAR Centers Are Open for Business!
Need a quiet place to study? Stressed? Overwhelmed?
Reach for the Stars with the STAR Center.
The STAR Centers (Students Taking Academic Responsibility) are an academic resource center for all residence hall students. The centers help create a positive, academically-orientated environment to help residence hall students achieve academic success.
Some Resources Offered . . .
- Individual/Group Study
- Research Resources
- 500+ Course Books & Guides
- Internet Connected Computers
- Plan For Your Major/Career
- Academic Success Programs
Peer Review of Essays
Need to refine your thesis? Need assistance clarifying your essay? Members of the National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) and the Academic Initiatives Mentor (AIM) host a peer review of essay program. Whenever the STAR Center is open, you may have your essay reviewed, and receive constructive feedback.
Reaching Your Full Potential
The STAR Center hosts academic success programs to support your academic achievement. The STAR Center has information from programs including:
- Campus Resources – Information about various resources offered at SDSU.
- Note Taking – Helpful note taking tips/techniques, along with an example of the Cornell note taking format.
- Calculating Your GPA – Want to get an A? Figure out the grade you need on your final exam to get the course grade you want.
- “Midterm Madness” – Simple, helpful and successful tips to preparing for midterms, and organizing your schedule during midterms.
- Researching Resources – Find out about helpful resources available at the STAR Center, on the Internet & at Love Library.
- Planning Classes for Next Semester – Plan your classes so you can graduate in four years.
- “Finals Central” – Come relax, enjoy refreshments, “destress” & study during Final’s Week.
Since Tenochca's grand opening in September 2003, the STAR Centers have successfully expanded to other halls and are a function of the Residential Education Program. The STAR Centers are staffed by STAR Center assistants who maintain a 3.0 GPA.