If you graduated from a high school located outside the SDSU service area, you are required to live on campus your first and second years at SDSU. Required first-time-freshmen must complete the room selection process below for housing during their second year at SDSU.
Room Selection Process
*More details will be available in November
November - January
- Explore your living options. Take a virtual tour below or sign up for our weekly walking tours beginning in November.
- Have a plan A, B, and C. Second-year room selection is a lottery system. Students are not guaranteed their first preference as spaces may fill up quickly.
- Review your License Agreement term length on the Housing Portal. The default term length is 9-months for the academic year. Students can opt into an 11.5 month term length through summer at the following buildings: Granada, Aztec Corner, Montage on College.
- Search and confirm roommates and select a meal plan, if desired.
- Check your email for your lottery date and time to self-select your room on the Housing Portal.
- Assign your confirmed roommates to your living space.
Second-Year Living Options
Sophomore QUEST programming is provided in all second-year living communities to help keep you on track for graduation and prepare you for life after SDSU. Sophomore QUEST programming includes workshops on critical life skills and high-impact learning opportunities. Through partnerships with critical departments on campus, Sophomore QUEST programming will give you an opportunity to create plans for healthy living, financial and credit management, study abroad, internships and other programs that are known to contribute to sophomore success.