Housing payment amounts vary depending on type of accommodation and meal plan. Included in the total cost is a $375 non-refundable initial payment, which must be submitted with the License Agreement to reserve your space. Your initial payment will be deducted from your total amount due and is not a deposit. If you have a 9-month lease, you have the option of paying the remaining amount in eight payments, August through April. If you have an 11.5-month lease, you have the option of paying the remaining amount in ten payments, August through June. Youmay also make as many payments as you like in advance. Please find the payment schedules below.
- 2019-20 Apartment Payment Schedule
The university uses a centralizedStudent Statement eBillsfor invoicing student's housing costs. Student Statement eBills are issued electronically (unless you have paid in advance and no payment is due).
Actual statement dates can be found at Student Account Services. You will be sent an e-mail, to the e-mail address in your WebPortal, directing you to a secure website to receive the eBill. Make sure that the student's address in the WebPortal is updated with the correct information. Students are responsible for all amounts due - late payments are subject to a $20 late charge assessed by the University Cashiers Office. The eBill system allows students to add multiple e-mail addresses to receive notification of the bill and allows multiple users to view the bill.
There are a variety of options for making payments:
1. Pay by electronic checkby using SDSU's ACH online payment method. Click on the link on the eBill website, or log on to the Student Account Services website and click on Payment by Electronic Check. There is no convenience fee charged for this service.
2. Pay by credit cardusing CASHNet; SMARTPAY, the university's secure third party vendor. MasterCard, Discover or American Express charge card are accepted (Visa is not accepted on SMARTPAY). Upon viewing the Student Statement eBill, click on the link for credit card payment or log on to the Student Account Services website and click on Payment by Credit Card. RedID number and PIN required. There is no convenience fee charged for housing payments.
3. Pay by credit card or debit card at the University Cashiers Office. If paying in person, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express charge cards are accepted.
4. Pay by check, money order or cashier's check, made payable to SDSU. When paying this way, print the coupon from your eBill, and mail it to the SDSU University Cashier at 5500 Campanile Dr, San Diego, CA 92182-7426 or deliver it with the payment to the Cashiers Office.