Transportation & Parking
SDSU has suspended the freshman resident parking restriction for this upcoming 2020-21 academic year. All commuting and resident students attending SDSU may bring a vehicle and purchase parking. Students may purchase an SDSU parking permit for the campus parking structures or may reserve parking at their residential community (if available).
Students may also consider alternative modes of transportation to having a vehicle on campus.
- Take the San Diego MTS bus and trolley systems conveniently from the SDSU Transit center on-campus. Use your smartphone pass for discounted transit trips, starting in August 2020, via the Aztec Parking Portal.
- Take advantage of other rail student discounts on MetroLink and Amtrak for trips throughout California.
- Consider ride-sharing with your fellow classmates through the Waze app or Zimride platform.
- Need a ride after dark? Lyft and Uber will be able to access all locations on campus at night without restrictions for Fall 2020-21.
- SDSU is also partnered with Zipcar, a car sharing service available to students 18 years and older, membership starts at just $15.
- More information can be found at SDSU's Commuting & Transportation page.