If a resident is experiencing any issues in their living space (water leak, broken furniture, WiFi connectivity, etc.) they may submit a service request for maintenance or repair at no cost.
To provide a quick response, please include the following in your service request:
- Your preferred day of week (Monday - Friday) and time window (9-11 a.m. or 1-3 p.m.) for the work to be completed.
- A detailed description of the issue in order to better assist.
- Your service request details will be shared with your roommates so they are aware of the service request submission.
Submit and check the status of your service request on the SDSU Housing App or the Housing Portal.
As a reminder, students are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of their rooms, suites and apartments, including bathrooms and kitchens. For the health and safety of all residents, please review these helpful Tips for Keeping Your Space Clean.
Maintenance and repairs will be made on a priority basis. It may take several days for a service request to be completed if parts must be ordered.
- Water leaks
- Heating & air conditioning operation
- Burned-out light bulbs
- Bed height adjustments
- Broken window blinds
- Broken furniture
- Malfunctioning appliances
- Malfunctioning toilet
- Lock, key or access card issues
- WiFi connectivity
- And more
The issues below are considered high-priority and should be called into your front desk immediately. Maintenance staff are available 24/7 to conduct emergency repairs.
- Flooding or excessive leaks
- Continuously flushing toilets
- Power outages
- No hot water
- Chronic issue (more than two service requests submitted
- Broken door lock
- Broken windows
- Bio-hazard cleanup
To provide a quick response to your service request, maintenance may access your space when you are not present. Please clear a space for maintenance to work to ensure there is no contact with your personal belongings. Always remember to take your room keys with you if you leave your space as maintenance staff are trained to lock the door when they leave.
As a reminder, if you or your roommates become ill, are instructed to self-quarantine or believe you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, contact the Office of Housing Administration immediately to cancel the service request and reschedule the repairs.
Please note that we are NOT able to accommodate the following requests, unless for medical reasons.
- Furniture removal
- Furniture additions
- Furniture preferences