RezCon Computer Support & WiFi
RezCon provides dedicated computer support for all residential communities. Our services include troubleshooting internet connections, software installation, virus removal and more.
WiFi For Computers
Residents may connect to Wi-Fi by joining the Eduroam network with their SDSUid. Guests to the school may use SDSU_Guest to connect temporarily. In order to connect to Eduroam, please follow the instructions on the Eduroam page. RezCon does not offer any hard-wired connections (ethernet).
WiFi for Smart Devices
Residents may connect their smart devices (Smart TV, Xbox, Playstation, Roku, Apple TV) by following these steps:
- Connect the device to the SDSU_Guest network.
- Wait for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the device and unplug it for at least 30 minutes. Plug the device back in and turn it on.
- Reconnect to SDSU_Guest.
In some smart devices, the registration page pops up after selecting SDSU_Guest. If this happens, please submit a service request on the SDSU Housing app or the Housing Portal and include your MAC address.
Our network has not been designed for any screen-sharing technology such as Chromecast or Apple TV's AirPlay. Additionally, we do not support wireless printers or smart devices which rely on LAN, such as smart bulbs, smart outlets and other smart-home-style technologies.
Before contacting RezCon about WiFi connection, please try the following:
- Disconnect from Eduroam or SDSU_Guest and reconnect.
- Make sure there is no interference from a microwave, television, etc.
- Run a full antivirus scan.
- If using an older computer, make sure the wireless drivers are up-to-date.
If you are still unable to connect to WiFi, please submit a service request on the SDSU Housing app or the Housing Portal and include your mac address.